Newark Hard Drive Destruction
Did you know your hard drives also need to be destroyed before they leave your possession in order to be compliant with local New Jersey and federal privacy laws?
That’s because digital files are fully recoverable from an old hard drive, even if you’ve scrubbed that hard drive of your files.
The only option to ensure your security is to physically destroying old hard drives. Newark Shredding & Records Storage offers hard drive shredding options. Our contractors can destroy your hard drive on site or at a secure plant, where they melt down your pieces and recycle what is left over.
There are mainly three reasons why hard drive shredding is a better solution.
- Security: there is a focus on keeping data secure through the whole process. The process complies with regulations, such as HIPAA, and overall maintaining clear form of confidentiality.
- Time Efficiency: the process focuses on your needs, so you can drop off your hard drives or, depending on local providers, simply have someone come pick them up.
- Cost: The entire process is easy and affordable. Most hard drive shredding services cost about $4-$12 per drive. The cost incurred go towards completely covering electronic assets.
Keep an eye out for hidden hard drives.
Hard drives are hidden all around your home and office office in many of the electronic devices that you use, simply because many of these devices need a hard drive in order to operate. That means that any file you’ve ever sent to any of these devices have saved a copy of it on its hard drive. Here a list of some electronic devices you might have forgotten about:
- CDs and DVDs
- PC hard drives
- USB removable media—pen drives, thumb drives, flash drives and sticks
- Fax machines, scanners, copiers, and printers
- Biomedical devices—physiologic monitors, infusion pumps, ventilators, MRI, CT, and diagnostic ultrasound and laboratory analyzers
- Embedded flash on boards and devices
- Floppy drives, zip disks and magnetic tapes
- RAM and ROM-based storage devices
- Memory cards—SD, SDHC, MMC, compact flash, microdrive and memory sticks
Enlist in a Hard Drive Destruction Service in Newark, NJ Today!
Don’t leave your data vulnerable to falling into the wrong hands. Newark Shredding & Records Storage understands digital data is vulnerable too, which is why we provide secure, compliant destruction options of the hard drives all your electronic media devices. Ensure your safety by contacting Newark Shredding & Records Storage today.